Following my recent trend of making improvements to the rebuilt envelope , I have replaced some of the components to save more weight. I'm keeping this post short and sweet. Enjoy the photos!
The old velcro attachment on the envelope
I added some load tape to reinforce the seam.
It got a little tight in the sewing machine sewing together the last gore tape.
These are the new confluence and centering lines that will replace the parachute cord previously installed. Saved about 2 pounds.
Knots for the new confluence lines
The new centering and confluence lines stretch so I measured them under 5lb load to get the proper length
5lb's of tension to get the proper length for the new lines
Pulleys and attachments for the turning vent lines
Turning vent pulley installed
Installed the crown ring
Inflated the balloon inside the shop to tie in the new lines
Parachute top tied in
Excited to see this fully inflated!
I'm using parachute cord for the top section of the turning vent. I will use 1/4" black and green line for the lower section.
I reinstalled the suspension cables and tied in a new crown line. With all the changes I have saved about 35 pounds. Not too bad!
This week I will start to tackle the chair again. Not sure how much I will get done. Check back in a few days for another update.